For so many of us, our friends are like family members–we lean on them through our highest highs and our lowest lows–but sometimes those friendships don’t turn out quite as we hoped. Bible teacher Kelly Needham debunks our world’s constricted, narrow view of friendship and casts a richer, more life-giving, biblical vision for friendship.
In Friend-ish, Kelly Needham reminds us that we were called to more than halfhearted friendships and lukewarm connections. We need something more stable, secure, and sacred. We were designed for real friendship–but the difficult truth is that too many of us are settling for less.
Kelly deconstructs what Scripture says about the gift of friendship and takes a closer look at the distorted view that most of us have instead. As she shares the lessons she’s learned from experience, Kelly paints her own glorious vision of what Christian friendship could look like.
With hard-fought wisdom, a clear view of Scripture, and a been-there perspective, Friend-ish teaches us how to:
- Recognize symptoms of idolatry and toxic dependency
- Boldly ask for what we need from our community of friends
- Understand and address the problems that arise in friendship–from neediness to discord
- Recognize when it’s time to end an unhealthy friendship
- Reorient toward the purposeful, loving relationships we all crave that ultimately bring us closer to God
- Find the friends you need and start to become that friend for others
Join Kelly as she challenges you to view your chosen family in a new light, gain a vision of friendship according to Jesus, and finally enjoy friendships as God intended.